I manage much of my setup from a single computer and currently the single computer is a SG$500 Asus T100 10 inch Windows 8.1 tablet.
I have managed to get my Raspberry Pi 2 to be able to be controlled by the Windows 8.1 Tablet via XRDP, an opensource remote desktop implementation based on VNC.
What about my AMDx3 Desktop running Ubuntu MATE then?
- Start Terminal
- Run sudo apt-get install xrdp
- You will need to enter the password
- Once installed use service xrdp status to see if the service is running
- Then go to your Windows computer, launch Remote Desktop Connection
- Key in the IP address of your Ubuntu MATE
- It should show your Ubuntu MATE desktop
Now no matter where you are in your house you only need one computer to control your other Windows, or Linux machines.