There are a few project management solutions if you are having a team to work with globally and you would want a centralize place to:
- handle project calendars
- handle project tasks
- email to all
- host your documents
Open source solution OpenGoo is one of them. Today, i found another one in Collabtive. Like many web based tools they serve as alternatives to Basecamp. Features touted by Collabtive are:
- Unlimited projects, milestones, tasklists, and tasks
- Unlimited members with user profiles
- Role-based permission management
- Messaging and instant messaging
- File management
Reporting and notifications
- Timetracker reports, activity logs and messages in PDF format
- Export user profiles as vCard
- RSS feeds for messages and tasks
- Synchronization of calendars via iCal task export
- Excel files from activity logs and timetracker reports
- E-mail notifications
- Search, tags
- Basecamp import
- Fully themeable
- Available in more than 25 languages
- Full UTF8 support
Who is it for?
OpenGoo and Collabtive are for teams that have a small webhosting and can mount a php based web application such as OpenGoo and Collabtive.
Installation is not difficult and you should be able to get it up and running very fast.
Alternatively, if you are a guy that wants to do your own scheduling and practice Getting Things Done where information is on your own server, you might be interested in this solution as well.
Latest posts by Kyith (see all)
- Get USB Devices such as iPhone, Android, iPad, iPod to work in VirtualBox in Ubuntu - June 27, 2015
- Install Telegram Desktop Successfully on Ubuntu MATE 15.04 - May 10, 2015
- Remote Desktop with XRDP on UBUNTU Mate - April 5, 2015
- Steam unable to be played on Ubuntu due to OpenGL GLX context is not using direct rendering - April 5, 2015
- Start saving to buy another iPhone AFTER you just get one! - October 20, 2014