Published on October 17th, 2009 | by Kyith2
Collabtive:Open Source Collaborative Project Management Software
There are a few project management solutions if you are having a team to work with globally and you would want a centralize place to:
- handle project calendars
- handle project tasks
- email to all
- host your documents
Open source solution OpenGoo is one of them. Today, i found another one in Collabtive. Like many web based tools they serve as alternatives to Basecamp. Features touted by Collabtive are:
- Unlimited projects, milestones, tasklists, and tasks
- Unlimited members with user profiles
- Role-based permission management
- Messaging and instant messaging
- File management
Reporting and notifications
- Timetracker reports, activity logs and messages in PDF format
- Export user profiles as vCard
- RSS feeds for messages and tasks
- Synchronization of calendars via iCal task export
- Excel files from activity logs and timetracker reports
- E-mail notifications
- Search, tags
- Basecamp import
- Fully themeable
- Available in more than 25 languages
- Full UTF8 support
Who is it for?
OpenGoo and Collabtive are for teams that have a small webhosting and can mount a php based web application such as OpenGoo and Collabtive.
Installation is not difficult and you should be able to get it up and running very fast.
Alternatively, if you are a guy that wants to do your own scheduling and practice Getting Things Done where information is on your own server, you might be interested in this solution as well.