There are a few project management solutions if you are having a team to work with globally and you would want a centralize place to:
- handle project calendars
- handle project tasks
- email to all
- host your documents
Open source solution OpenGoo is one of them. Today, i found another one in Collabtive. Like many web based tools they serve as alternatives to Basecamp. Features touted by Collabtive are:
- Unlimited projects, milestones, tasklists, and tasks
- Unlimited members with user profiles
- Role-based permission management
- Messaging and instant messaging
- File management
Reporting and notifications
- Timetracker reports, activity logs and messages in PDF format
- Export user profiles as vCard
- RSS feeds for messages and tasks
- Synchronization of calendars via iCal task export
- Excel files from activity logs and timetracker reports
- E-mail notifications
- Search, tags
- Basecamp import
- Fully themeable
- Available in more than 25 languages
- Full UTF8 support
Who is it for?
OpenGoo and Collabtive are for teams that have a small webhosting and can mount a php based web application such as OpenGoo and Collabtive.
Installation is not difficult and you should be able to get it up and running very fast.
Alternatively, if you are a guy that wants to do your own scheduling and practice Getting Things Done where information is on your own server, you might be interested in this solution as well.
Latest posts by Kyith (see all)
- Grant Hill is awesome. As a role model that is. - December 6, 2013
- iOS users pigeon hole themselves as spenders. An attractive network effect. - December 2, 2013
- Why does bank transfers still includes branch codes? - December 1, 2013
- This is an innovative business idea. Substituting prepaid cards for small change. - November 25, 2013
- Smoking is a necessity. Its such a good utility that is so misunderstood. - November 24, 2013