Published on September 19th, 2009 | by Kyith2
MindJet MindManager for iPhone Released:Mobile Mind Mapping Heaven?
The folks at MindJet have finally put into place their powerful Mind Mapping Software for the iPhone and iTouch platform.
And its pretty steep at USD7.99. Cheaper than Appigo Todo but nevertheless it should be worth the money.
MindJet have been creating a smashing Mind Mapping desktop client that integrates well with Microsoft Suite of products.
So how good was this? I didn’t manage to test it out but take a look at the video right below this post. It should give you a comprehensive look at what it is capable of.
What can this MindJet do?
- Attach notes to Topics – with hyperlinks to phone numbers, website, email addresses and other MindJet maps
- Wireless upload download
- Auto align and arrange topics relative to each other
- Zoom and Scroll
- Landscape and Portrait Mode
- Cut,copy and paste, move and merge topics
- Insert color and icones
- Change color
- Expand and collapse Topics
How do you Upload and Download Maps?
The way to upload is the same as GoodReader which i mentioned here. It should make use of WebDAV protocol and should be a breeze. Just click on Transfer in the MindJet iPhone software and a url to your iPhone Device will pop out.
Click on that link and you are able to upload and download Mind Maps
What format is supported?
Do note that it supports only uploading and downloading in .xmmap format, which is not the normal MindManager format. Its not so much of a problem as you can open up the map in your Windows client and Save As xmmap format.
Other than that you can upload it in
- Mindjet Native (.itm) format, which is the native format for MindJet for iPhone
- Freemind format
- OPML format (RSS feeds?)
So does that mean my map on the iPhone can be edited on Windows,Mac clients?
Yes. According to the FAQ.
Can I save my map as an Image?
No you cannot. According to the FAQ
Does it have To Do list function?
Yes it does.
What can i Embed In the Notes?
- www. will auto generate web link
- http(s) will auto generate web lnk
- A stream of numbers will generate a phone no you can call
- SMS:nnnnnnn will generate and link to the SMS application
- [map name] will generate a link to another map (that includes the brackets as well)
How much it cost?
$7.99 for now.
Overall its a smashing new application on the App Store. This is really good offering to your normal GTD To Do list like OmniFocus, Things and Appigo ToDo in that you can really plan your Goals and see how they link up.
I should be buying this soon.