We blogged about the Archos GEN 8 tablets a fair bit due to their low price range versus the iOS devices and other Android Tablets.
Archos recently announced that their GEN9 is coming this year. Here are the likely specs:
The first one is the ARCHOS 80 G9, and it has a 8-inch screen with a 1024 x 768 resolution. The second one, the ARCHOS 101 G9 has a (you guessed it) 10.1-inch screen with a 1280 x 800 resolution. And that’s where the differences between these two tablets stop. Everything else about them is equal, except the price of course. Both of them have:
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb
- 1.5 GHz dual-core CORTEX A9 OMAP4
- 16 GB of internal memory, or a 250 GB Seagate HDD
- 720p front-facing camera
- HDMI output
We don’t know how much RAM each tablet has, but we’re guessing it’s somewhere between 512 MB and 1 GB. Also, there’s no mention of a rear-facing camera anywhere, so chances are you won’t be using these tablets as a camera anytime soon.
The thing why Archos still sells tablets or gadgets is that although there are many tablets out there, the big vendors like Acer, Motorola, HTC are not able to reach their pricing point!
Archos is likely to sell the G9 80 at USD 279 and 101 at USD 349. Now that is low consider the Motorola Xoom at USD 599!
My opinion of Archos Tablets is that they always sits between the reliable hardware manufacturers and the China Shanzai ones.
Good Specs, Great Price, but always with some issues. What do you guys think? Will you go for this?
Latest posts by Kyith (see all)
- Food influences moods - July 20, 2014
- Personal Zero-Based Budgeting - May 18, 2014
- KDBSync has stopped working issue - May 17, 2014
- ROAD RUNNER DIARY: Passing 2.4km at age 34 - February 22, 2014
- Frugal Nightmare: You fail to convince your loved ones to watch their money - February 5, 2014