Here is a nice discovery from Ghacks.net.
In my line of work, we do require from time and again to check which are the open ports used by our server and client application.
At times for security reasons, we also want to see if there are unauthorized applications trying to send data out.
Therefore using the command line command “Netstat” is very useful.
But if you want a nice user interface app, which can
- display all listening ports
- display their protocol
- display their process
- display process ID
- locate the executable file
- terminate the process
- find out on google how to close this port
then Close The Door is for you
What I like about this app is that it is portable as well so it will belong to my portable administrator’s kit.
Download CloseTheDoor to try today
Latest posts by Kyith (see all)
- ROAD RUNNER DIARY: Passing 2.4km at age 34 - February 22, 2014
- Frugal Nightmare: You fail to convince your loved ones to watch their money - February 5, 2014
- How a couple of insurance agents held a lavish wedding and got into 90k debt - January 6, 2014
- Here is why I think podcasts are awesome and why you should listen to them as well - December 16, 2013
- Grant Hill is awesome. As a role model that is. - December 6, 2013